Saturday 29 September 2012

Meanderings

The creative process for me is like a game of chinese whispers, or a kind of free association where one thing always leads to another. The juxtaposition of one object with a random neighbour can send me off in another direction entirely from the one I started from. And I think that is why I love sewing so much, because fabrics are so gloriously, lusciously beautiful that they cry out to be mixed u
p and paired off into new and ever more lovely partnerships.
Sometimes I begin my working week, with a clear idea of what I want to do, but inevitably in the process I will make something and then think, oh, what if I make such and such to go with that and then another thing and on it goes till I find that all my structured plans have been superseded by this imaginative meandering.








No comments: